Sunday 8 November 2020

Saturday Snapshots #162 - The Answers

 


No, I couldn't find any pictures of Joe Biden holding a camera. Neither do I expect Joe Biden to be a truly great president. But at least he once worked with one (even if Obama didn't achieve everything he set out to do, he remained a decent figurehead throughout). 

The main thing Biden has in his favour is that he's Not Trump. In the same way I voted for Corbyn purely because was not Not Boris. Frankly, the Democrats could have put Tom Hanks & Michael Bolton on the ticket and I'd have voted for them instead of Trump. Just as Labour could field James Corden with Bono as deputy and I'd be putting my X in their box, no matter how detestable I find them both.  

I'll leave the final word today to Sam, aged 7, yet already an expert political analyst.

"I think Donald Trump is going to break all the ornaments in The White House 
so that when Joe Biden moves in, he's not got anything nice."

Here are this week's answers...

10. Half a piano... just like Andrew Gold.

A piano is made up of black and white keys.

Andrew Gold was a Lonely Boy.

The Black Keys - Lonely Boy

9. Wishing the week whisked away.

A whisk is used to make beating eggs easier.

Wishing the week away, you're thinking about Friday.

The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind

8. Early morning enclosure, thrice refused.

Early morning is dawn. An enclosure is a pen.

Dawn Penn - No, No, No

7. Expensive Eagle wants a lift this evening.

Eddie the Eagle costs lots of money.

Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight

Sadly, I don't think this Eddie will make it into next week's Top Ten Eddie Songs. So I thought I'd find room for him here. What a chorus!

6. Chubbier Scot makes a right turn... will you be mine?

A chubbier Scot would be Mc-Fatter.

Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question

5. Dark dancer mixed with problematic nun (plus alias)... what Blanche depended on. 

Courtney Cox became famous after being plucked from the audience to go Dancing In The Dark.

The problematic nun was Maria, alias Julie Andrews.

Blanche DuBois always depended on the kindness of strangers, in A Streetcar Named Desire.

Courtney Marie Andrews - The Kindness of Strangers

4. Eastwood & Elphick prefer milk in their coffee, nothing else.

Clint Eastwood + Michael 'Boon' Elphick like it white with no sugar.

The Clint Boon Experience - White With No Sugar

3. Improvement for Butch's shortened mum. 

Butch Cassidy's shortened mum with be Mama Cass.

Mama Cass - It's Getting Better

2. Not all ladies like it risqué. 

Some girls like it racey. Some girls don't. (C, apparently, didn't... at least not where these guys were concerned!)

Racey - Some Girls

1. Nurse snogs my sugar babe.


Nurse snogs was this week's only anagram!



More next week. As long as Trump doesn't have hissy fit. (I really hope Secret Service have hidden the football.)



4 comments:

  1. Excellent as ever! Re. Racey - well it was the late '70s, a coming-of-age era for me... I was getting heavily into punk but I went to a crappy disco where I drank a lot of cider and there was a boy who I fancied like mad but he was no good for me as everyone else fancied him too and he knew it - and a little yard behind the venue and... well, Racey were playing, that's all you need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, C, the awful irony of that moment... why is life so cruel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one astute little kid you have there. Just the kind of thing The Donald would do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...