Thursday 19 November 2020

Positive Songs For Negative Times #35: Moving (?)

 


Quieter than usual round here, apart from the regular features, which may skip a week or so if everything goes to plan.

We're supposed to be moving house a week today. But it's still not confirmed. We've signed but still not exchanged. And there's always the chance that someone in the chain might come down with the big 2020C-word, in which case the whole thing is delayed. So we're packing... but don't want to pack too much until it's confirmed, in case we have to start unpacking again. Eating up the dregs in the freezer, ready to defrost it. Redirecting post that might need cancelling and redirecting again. While everything else goes on as (non-)normal. 

Here's a song of wishful thinking. Although it might not sound that way, it is. 

Cross your fingers for us...

Moving, just keep moving,
Till I don't know what's sane,
I've been moving so long,
The days all feel the same,

Moving, keep on moving,
Where I feel I'm home again,
And when it's over,
I'll see you again,

Got a low, low feeling around me,
And a stone cold feeling inside,
And I just can't stop messing my mind up,
Or wasting my time,

There's a low, low feeling around me,
And a stone cold feeling inside,
I've got to find somebody to help me,
I keep you in mind.

7 comments:

  1. Everything crossed for you and a smooth move. Fab song choice; only thing is I can't hear it any more without thinking of this version...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEO46XzOcl0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Moving again, eh? Good luck to you and your family. We can all empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my favourite Supergrass track. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Rol - I know three people who've moved in these lockdown times, and if anything it's been less hassle then my last experience(s).
    But, yes ... there's always something.
    (Hopefully not in your case)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...