Sunday 21 May 2023

Snapshots #293: A Top Ten Boyband Songs (sort of)


This I Promise You: I'll Never Stop Snapshots as long as you keep playing along. And if you're struggling for the answers, It's Gonna Be Me who reveals them, along with the Music Of My Heart.

Yeah, I had to look up the song titles of good old Justin Trousersnake's band too... I guess I'm just not NSYNC with a lot of these boy bands...


10. He Felt different in new material...

That's Lawrence. He was in Felt. Then he changed to...

Denim - The Osmonds

And if you're going to get picky and tell me that Marie wasn't a boy, well, I did my research, and Marie wasn't really in The Osmonds. She had a solo career and duetted with Donny, but "the group had its best-known configurations as a quartet (billed as the Osmond Brothers) and a quintet (as the Osmonds)." 

The Osmonds - Crazy Horses

To be fair, it feels like cheating, including Crazy Horses.  

9. A Stewart is a Scott.

Patrick Stewart + F. Scott Fitzgerald gives us...

Patrik Fitzgerald - The Backstreet Boys

Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)

8. The People's Fiend.

Public Enemy - 911 Is A Joke

911 - Bodyshakin' 

Obviously Chuck and Flavor were not fans.

7. Crowd of kilts.

This was a band put together by Nick Lowe and Rat Scabies as a way of helping Nick get out of his record contract. 

The Tartan Horde - Bay City Rollers, We Love You

Bay City Rollers - Bye Bye Baby

6. This sounds like Rachel's.

Rachel's sounds like Ray Charles, to these aging ears...

Ray Charles - Busted

Busted - Year 3000

My favourite of the boy bands featured today.

5. Living next door to a howler.

Living Next Door To Alice, who's a real Wolf...

Wolf Alice - Bros

Bros - When Will I Be Famous?

4. How you might greet Bruce, John and Jeff.

Hey, Waynes!

The Haywains - New Kids On The Block

New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff)

3. Enoch, Jill, Tim: Amalgamated.

Amalgamate the letters from Enoch, Jill, Tim and you can spell out...

Joni Mitchell - Blue

Blue - If You Come Back

2. Mind them.

Mind the gap!

The Gap Band - Big Fun

Big Fun - Blame It On The Boogie

1. In demand. Sort of.

One anagram of demand is... Damned!

The Damned - Take That



Bye Bye Bye... till next Saturday.

13 comments:

  1. At the risk of being over-familiar: bye bye baby, baby goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the previous week's flurry of inspiration, I missed the boat and fell off the pier yesterday. This has to rank as one of your most fiendishly clever Snapshots yet, Rol, even if the music itself is largely pants. Bravo, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me a list, Khayem, and I'll make sure to only include songs you like in future editions.

      Delete
    2. Oops, sorry if that came across as sweepingly dismissive, Rol. It's the boyb(l)ands that particularly break me out in a rash. I had a particularly traumatic experience working with someone who was obsessed with Boyzone and Westshite, which I've clearly never recovered from.

      Thanks so much for the offer to only include songs I like in future. The good news is, it's a very, very long list. The bad news is, I got it tattooed on my back during a drunken holiday in Marbella in 1993 and it's a devil trying to read it, as the lettering is very small and back to front in the mirror image. Littered with typos too, which is annoying.

      Delete
    3. I saw a photo, K... could swear that I could see a One Direction song just to the side of your left shoulder blade... hard to scribble over that with a biro, I bet.

      Delete
    4. Damn, hoist on my own petard, as it were.

      Delete
  3. Glad I wasn't around yesterday; far too cerebral for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will probably come as no surprise that at least half of the actual Boy Bands mentioned above (although to be fair, the Osmonds and the Bay City Rollers weren't actually called that back in the day) have appeared over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb.
    Your next challenge, Rol, will be to turn it into some kind of chain too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I understand the challenge, C.

      Delete
    2. Not sure if it would be possible, but the idea that each one leads ot the next, each song is also a band who then has a song which is also a band name so it keeps it going like a chain, e.g.
      Ray Charles song is 'Busted'
      Busted song is 'Britney'
      Britney Spears song is 'Boys'
      The Boys song is 'Tonight'
      Tonight song is...
      (I ran out there!)

      Delete
    3. You did well there C. I went from the song Crazy Horses to the band Crazy Horse but soon got stuck.

      Delete
  6. My brain is hurting at the very idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...