Monday 29 July 2024

Snapshots Spillover: More Olympic Sport Songs

Even with 20 tunes in this week's Snapshots, I couldn't cover all the different sporting events in the Olympic Games... so here are a few silver medals...

Townes Van Zandt - Talkin' Karate Blues

Ben Folds Five - Boxing

The Brazen Hussies - Climbing the Wall

The Beach Boys - Surfin'

The Wildwood - Swimming

Sufjan Stevens - Javelin

Mickey & The Soul Generation - Football

Trashcan Sinatras - Weightlifting

Heartless Bastards - Marathon

Paul Robeson - Canoe Song

The Godz - Cross Country

Air Traffic - Shooting Star


Even then, I couldn't find all the sports. Perhaps you can help, if you know any songs about shot put, luge, curling, pentathlon, discus, et al...

6 comments:

  1. Not sure that I can. Sorry.
    The Skids had a song called The Olympian though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'If I Had A Hammer' - Trini Lopez
    Anything by the BMX Bandits or Skeeter Davis (I am assuming that a person who does skeet shooting is known as a skeeter but I may be wrong)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but artists with an Olympic event in their name is surely a different category. Did get me thinking though...

      Athlete
      The Crickets
      Great Lake Swimmers

      Delete
    2. If you are going to be a stickler for the rules:

      https://youtu.be/XDjFW0X1U6c?si=6HApArcZLeHkKYOL
      https://youtu.be/kGC3szuecOs?si=0PZ9mU-RtHwNJXkQ

      Delete
    3. I'm rather taken with IGotABMXBikeButImNotVeryGood.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...