Saturday 27 July 2024

Saturday Snapshots #354


Shocking. You wouldn't get away with an advert like that in this day and age. Poor old Naomi Campbell - I hope they paid her a lot of money.

Anyway, I've clearly got too much time on my hands between the summer holidays and not writing daily blogposts at the moment... hence why you've got 20 artists to identify this week. But what connects their songs?


20. The perpetrators in a murder mystery.

19. Do you want ketchup on your ribs?

18. Would you buy a Z, never worn, even if it was reupholstered?

17. This quiz would be impossible without them.

16. Ice, Double, Sour.

15. Bulloch, betrothed.


14. Don't get stuck behind these guys.


13. And definitely try not to get mixed up with a flirty swot.


12. Corn-selling sidekick, made in sections to allow for easy assembly.


11. What Billy Ocean wanted to be.


10. Stairway drummer's best friend sings little bits of a Police song.


9. Sounds like a football team made up of playful birds put out to pasture.


8. Buried antler covers.


7. Scottish detective guilty of regicide with an Osprey.


6. Biko rubs elf... he's clearly mixed up. Fortunately, Gene and Bruce can help. 
5. The doctor gave me some flu lubricants - they contained everything I needed.


4. Unwelcome visitors.


3. Mary, Queen of Scots goes fishing. 


2. Blur kept him under pressure, but he managed.


1. You'll find these guys nested in a baseball. 

Answers tomorrow morning.


27 comments:

  1. 3. Rod
    16. Cream
    18 W Zevon
    20. Who

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19 Redbone
    14 Caravan
    10 Bonzo Dog Doodah Band

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 The Intruders
    8 Velvet Underground
    11 Loverboy
    13 Taylor Swift

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it British Prime Ministers?

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie May, Boris the Spider...

      JM

      Delete
    2. Cream - Disraeli Gears!

      JM

      Delete
    3. Good stab John but I think Ernie has called it

      Delete
  5. 6 Robbie Fulks & Kelly Willis (CC should be ashamed of himself for not getting that)
    12 Prefab Sprout?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And purely because I can only think of one Fulks/ Willis collaboration and it is topical, is it Olympic events?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Belle and Sebastian (if I got the anagram right)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought John might get 15...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra’s Wedding. Yay!

      JM

      Delete
  9. Well done Ernie, Snapshots Champion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this event, but I suspect you and Alyson are still well ahead of me on the overall medals table.

      Delete
    2. Yes, well done Ernie - I was sure John had it.

      As for the links, I do better with them than with the snapshots - I was pathetic this week. You are all too fast for me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...