Thursday 18 July 2024

Positive Songs For Negative Times #83: Words Fail Me


I despair.

I've never been anti-American. I grew up on American culture - Spider-Man and Springsteen, Motown and Moonlighting. For much of my youth, I felt more American than I did British. And considering the sorry state of the UK at the moment, I don't believe we're in any state to judge.

This isn't an anti-American post then. It's just an anti-American idiots post. Because the lunatics appear to be taking over the asylum once more, and given recent events, nothing's going to bar their way. "God" help us all.







Harry Chapin - I Miss America



UPDATE - no sooner had hit PUBLISH on this post, than Ben sent me a link to the story below...



4 comments:

  1. Excuse me while I just throw up at the sight of that top pic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies for not commenting sooner but they failed me too. Not looking good is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very scary indeed and sick-making.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...