Monday 23 September 2024

Listening Post #2: Getting The Band Back Together Again


I'm trying to remember the good things about our holiday in Wales, not the rainy days and the speeding ticket. (Apparently they're currently in the process of reviewing the 20 mph limit, and may reverse it in places. Too late for me, and I was extra miffed to learn that if I'd be going one mph less than the 26 mph I was clocked at, I wouldn't have had a letter.)  

Wild Spelks aren't from Wales, they're from Newcastle, where everyone can drive as fast as they like. Sometimes even 32 mph. 

Songwriter Jonathon Sabiston named the band after a Geordie word for splinter, like the stabbing sensations you feel when you're panicked or overwhelmed. Apparently he struggles with his mental health, which endears him - and his band - to me even more. This is a very catchy tune if you give it a couple of listens...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...