Monday 16 September 2024

Snapshots Spillover: More Existential Questions...

As promised, here are some more big questions for you to ponder. First though, a couple of more generally existential tunes...

Sparks - The Existential Threat

Manic Street Preachers - Jackie Collins Existential Question Time

The biggest question that last one has to ask is, "Oh, mummy, what's a Sex Pistol?"

Here are some more direct questions about our very existence...

Kris Kristofferson - Why Me?

The Amazing Rhythm Aces - Why Can't I Be Satisfied?

Jail Weddings - How Am I Alive?

The Wipers - Is This Real?

Moonlight - Am I Really Here?

The Flaming Lips - Do You Realise? 

That's the one I want playing at my funeral.

Lord Huron - What Do It Mean?

Echo & The Bunnymen - What Are You Going To Do With Your Life?

The Bees - Who Cares What The Question Is?

There was only one song I could close with today - the one that makes me ponder the biggest questions of all, such as, "Well, how did I get here?", "Am I right, am I wrong?", "My God, what have I done?" and most importantly of all... why is there water at the bottom of the ocean?

6 comments:

  1. I was at a funeral where Do you Realise was played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the perfect song for a funeral. My other choice is Keep Me In Your Heart by Warren Zevon.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I suppose the other question is whether I’m referring the song by The Cure or I mean it literally.

      Delete
    2. You must be referring to the song, K. Otherwise, you need serious help.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...