Monday 30 September 2024

Kris

I had a different post to run today, but as I came to post it, I saw the news about Kris Kristofferson taking his Last Ride

Time was, I'd have tried to cobble together a decent eulogy, but the words aren't coming too easy these days, so here are some of his finest moments...


Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose




And there's nothin' short a' dyin'
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleepin' city sidewalk
And Sunday mornin' comin' down


I was a sailor
I was born upon the tide
And with the sea I did abide
I sailed a schooner around the Horn to Mexico
I went aloft and furled the mainsail in a blow
And when the yards broke off they said that I got killed
But I am living still



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...