Tuesday 10 September 2024

Namesakes #102: Cream


Sometimes I start a Namesakes investigation with high expectations... only to spend the rest of the day wading waist-deep through the sewers of non-hit hell. Often, I spare you (and George) the horror of those excursions. Many's the Namesake abandoned to the NEVER POST file. 

This week though, I was running short on time when I realised this particular edition was going nowhere fast. So I figured I'd share the pain.

Unless you're George, I wouldn't bother wasting your Tuesday with any of this lot. The cream of the crop, they are not.


CREAM #1


Perhaps (?) the only exception to my opening comments...

Ginger Bake. Jack Bruce. That other bloke. Together, they made some pretty decent songs. That other bloke got a bit annoying, smug and racist in later years, but we'll try to forget that, shall we?


CREAM #2


90s dance dudes from Spain.


Yes. It is.

CREAM #3

Israeli techno from 1997.


Why, indeed.

CREAM #4


Memphis gangsta rapper from 2000.


CREAM #5


South African hip hop, also from the turn of the century.


CREEM #6

American hardcore punks from 2011. Naturally, they can't spell.



Indeed.

CREAM #7


Thai girl band from about ten years ago.


Apparently the cream rises to the top. But then, so does something else I can think of...

I promise to do better next week.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Rol, I don't consider it a waste of time listening to all the tracks. Today, I will not be able to listen until late afternoon early evening, but listen to them I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I hadn't listened to #2. #3 is very bland, drifts over me while I think how awful #4 could be.............18 seconds and it's annoying me intensely.......80 seconds left.....can #5 be worse? Yes, total bobbins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listend to #6 so one else has to - you are all welcome, by the way. #7 annoyed me (I think they use that voice-modulating-thingy) but not as much as #4 of course. Alas, my vote has to go to #1 (despite the choice of track)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of interest, George, which track would you have preferred?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...