Sunday 11 September 2022

Snapshots #257: A Top Ten Pronoun Songs


This is Ezra Furman. They have a new record out. It's pretty good. Not yet sure if it's as good as Transangelic Exodus, but I'll let you know. Ezra once said, "I am trying to figure out why I as a trans person don’t care about gendered pronouns, and so many people do. Why I’m fine with he/she/them and others have strong preferences." I can't answer that question for them. But I can answer these pronoun questions for you...


10. Careful - you can cut yourself on this number!


No, it's not Rocky Sharpe & The Replays.

It is a sharp number ten though.


9. This is what happens when your dating app freezes.


When Tinder sticks...


8. Does Liam Love It?


Liam Gallagher is partial to a bit of Lyle Lovett, apparently.


7. Big Irish Dogs.



6. Reagan & Clinton, perhaps?



5. What Captain Kirk sings at Christmas.


It's a carol, Jim, but not as we know it.


4. Richard Hall's wine producer.


Richard Hall is Moby. Grapes produce wine.


3. Miner 7th.


Bit of a stretch this one, but it worked for me. Miners dig coal, and get very black doing so. The 7th day is...


2. Where Murdoch lives.


Rupert Murdoch presumably has multiple homes.


Until very recently, the only copy of this tune I had was transferred from a scratchy 7 inch I pulled out of a skip. Listening to the digital version now, it doesn't sound right without the crackles.

1. Zane's rural havoc.


Only one anagram this week? Shocking!

Charles Aznavour - She



You would be right to expect more next week. I will deliver. Unless they stop me.


2 comments:

  1. The perfect English lesson is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can Tina Turner
    You can Tina Turner
    He/She can Tina Turner
    etc etc

    That's how I learnt them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...