Thursday 4 November 2021

2021 Contenders: Ever Wonder Why You Get Out Of Bed?


The new job's going pretty well so far, thanks for asking.

The commute is a bit of a pain though. Leeds is not the easiest place to get to at the best of times, and at least till Christmas, I'll be working in the city centre. Which is where roadworks go to die. I'm not complaining though, because already The Bad Place is in my rear view mirror and fading from view. I'm starting to feel that relief I mentioned last week...


Daniel Meade last featured here as one of my Top Ten Scottish Songs of 2018. That seems so long ago! Anyway, his new album plopped through my letterbox yesterday, bought (from Bandcamp) largely on the strength of the title track. The CD came with a signed lyric sheet, but I won't share any of those lyrics here... I'd rather you clicked on the link and listened to the whole song to understand why this is already a serious year end contender for 2021. 




6 comments:

  1. I once saw his entire CD output advertised for something like 15 quid.Still regret not pulling the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to year the new job is going well, if not the roadworks.

    I do like a singer/songwriter with a Scottish accent. Listened to the clip and liked it a lot. Sounds like someone else but not worked it out yet. Do we like Lewis Capaldi around here or is he lumped in with Ed Sheeren et al?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - keeps doing this to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate you boosting my comment stats, Alyson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased to hear things have started off well in the new job, Rol.
    In reply to Alyson - I also like to hear a Scottish accent! Re. Lewis Capaldi, I hope I'm not alone in saying that whatever one thinks of his music (personally not to my taste) I find him so likeable as a person in every interview I've seen, read or heard. A lovely dry, cheeky, self-deprecating sense of humour. That's how I like my pop stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly is a character although most of what he says has to be muted when he's on a awards show or such like, so surprised he still gets asked! A cousin of Peter Capaldi the actor.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...