Monday 1 November 2021

Positive Songs For Positive Times #63: A New Beginning

This is how we greet Trick Or Treaters at Top Ten Towers.

I start my new job today.

At last!

Here's some Lee Hazlewood to celebrate. 

I've been listening to a lot of Lee & Nancy lately, both together and apart, largely thanks to Charity Chic and Brian. It's very soothing. Except when Lee starts the scat singing. I find that a bit scary.

If Martoni's is such a good place
To eat and drink and be good
Why do they call the steak "Sinatra"
And the hamburger "Hazlewood"?



8 comments:

  1. I start my new job today.

    At last!

    Hope it goes OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of Lee's voice... mmmm!
    Hope it all goes well for you today, Rol. So good to see the positive change of title for this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know Nev Cottee? A Mancunian Lee Hazlewood who's made four solo albums, all available to hear on Bandcamp. Terrific stuff.
    All the best for today and the future Rol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good wishes, guys. All went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the first day went well Rol.
    Probably some boring induction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the first day went well. Hope you didn't wear the mask.

    Love Lee and Nancy together - It just worked didn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...