Wednesday 10 November 2021

2020 Contenders: The Big Moon


No, I didn't get the date wrong. The Big Moon's latest album was released last year, but I've only just discovered these guys. A 4-piece girl band from London with a contemporary sound that hearkens back to other classic girl groups of the past, yet they're also blessed with a social conscience and some very interesting songs.

They write about growing up with ADHD...

I'll tell you what I think 'cause I was feeling focused
Way before you dosed us up on Ritalin
I know you think you made a scene, but I just saw you shining
Blinding like the sunset's low, low, low
Six P.M. in the spring

Is it really you or is it me or
Is it ADHD? ADHD?

The selfishness of contemporary society...

We’re all just tryin' to get the things we need
We're all just tryin' to get the things we need
There’s always someone out there screwin' somebody
But we only see the things we want to see

And they like to rock out and get totally messed up in their videos...



I may be late to the party as always, but what's not to love?

2 comments:

  1. I do like a little Big Moon too. Those lyrics are indeed so contemporary. 'Your Light' was the track that did it for me, with a lovely video of them cycling all the way through. Sounds a bit dull but somehow it isn't. I like this video too (looks like me after a particularly hard day at work).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of them but that's not unusual. They don't take themselves too seriously which is always a good thing. Hope they do well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...