Monday 22 November 2021

Neverending Top Ten #4.3: The More You See Norma


Sam has started to question the song titles when they appear on the in-car stereo. The view screen gives us track info, but only as much of the title as can be squeezed into a 10cm box. So longer titles take some figuring out. For instance, he was convinced that The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get by Morrissey was actually called The More You See Norma, The Closer I Get, which would actually be a much better song title... especially for Morrissey.

This also led to the following exchange when One Night In Bangkok by Murray Head (Or: One Night In...) flashed up on the screen...

(Anyone reading this nonsense for the first time might question why that particular song would be playing in my car. Longtime readers are probably immune to that by now.)

"Year 5 are doing this for their song in the Nativity Play this year."

"What?"

"Yes, it's a really big, complicated song to sing."

"They're singing One Night In Bangkok for Nativity!? Why?"

"Miss XXX chose it."

"Are they going to rap the verses like he does? I can't wait to hear them singing 'I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine!'".

"Well, they're doing it."

I don't see you guys rating
The kind of mate I'm contemplating
I'd let you watch, I would invite you
But the queens we use would not excite you

"Are you sure about this, Sam?"

"Wait, what's it called again, this song?"

"One Night In Bangkok."

"Oh. Maybe the one Year 5's doing is called One Night At Christmas. It's a bit like this one though."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...