Sunday 12 June 2022

Snapshots #244: A Top Ten Frog Songs

A Top Ten Frog songs to enjoy before we all croak. I'm glad to see you all Kermit yourself to answering these...


10. Samuel L. Jackson promises to leave before Bonnie gets home.

What, you never saw Pulp Fiction?

Jimmie: No, no, no, no, no, don't you ****ing realize, man, that if Bonnie comes home and finds a dead body in her house, I'm gonna get divorced? All right? No marriage counseling, no trial separation, I'm going to get ****ing divorced, okay? And I don't want to get ****ing divorced! Now man, you know, ****, I wanna help you, but I don't want to lose my wife doing it, all right?

Jules: Jimmie, Jimmie, she ain't gonna leave you--

Jimmie: Don't ****ing "Jimmie" me, Jules, okay?! Don't ****ing "Jimmie" me! There's nothing that you're gonna say that's gonna make me forget that I love my wife, is there?! Now look, you know, she comes home from work in about an hour and a half. Graveyard shift at the hospital. You gotta make some phone calls? You gotta call some people? Well, then do it! And then get the **** out of my house before she gets here!

Jules: Hey, that's Kool and the Gang. We don't wanna **** your shit up. All we wanna do is call my people and get them to bring us in, that's all.

Kool & The Gang - Electric Frog

9. Sacked in America for switching off the air con.

If you were sacked in America, you might be canned. For turning up the heat.

Canned Heat - Bluefrog Blues

8. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand clues.

Yes. That's Ian McShane. And Grace Jones. Together on track three of the Slave To The Rhythm album. Although, to be fair, Ian does most of the work, reading extracts from the biography of Jean-Paul Goude, the French artist who designed Jones's album sleeves and directed her videos.

Grace Jones - The Frog & The Princess

That said, I almost preferred C's Jesus Jones answer.

7. A century clamp.

Anagram! Silhouette!

Paul McCartney & The Frog Chorus - We All Stand Together

6. Good for receiving Alecia Beth.

Alecia Beth Moore is the real name of Pink! You receive things with an aerial.

Ariel Pink - Exile On Frog Street

5. Holden's nan.

Anagram!

Del Shannon - Froggy

And if you've never heard that before, it's guaranteed to make you Runaway.

4. Created by Anne-José Madeleine Henriette Bénard.

Anne-José Madeleine Henriette Bénard is the real name of French actress Cécile Aubry, the creator of the Belle & Sebastian characters.

Belle & Sebastian - Funny Little Frog

3. Strength of God.

That's the meaning of the word "Gabriel".

Peter Gabriel - Kiss That Frog

That video pretty much shows where James Cameron got the idea for the movie Avatar. Fortunately, Gabriel's video is much shorter and far less boring.

2. Held up by Hinge & Bracket.

No, not these two...

These two...

The Doors - Peace Frog

1. When half way through the journey of our life, I found that I was in a gloomy wood, because the path which led aright was lost.

Those are the opening lines of The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. But you knew that.

The Divine Comedy - The Frog Princess

Hop on back next Saturday for more...


1 comment:

  1. A line from Pulp Fiction I had forgotten about totally. Well remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...