Thursday 6 April 2023

Neverending Top Ten #6.0: Scarecrows


Sam and I had a day out in Diggle on Tuesday. It's a village just over the top in That Lancashire, but our passports are both up to date and nobody tried to burn us at the stake. We went to see The Diggle Scarecrow Trail; the theme this year is "Music". Here's a selection of the scarecrows we encountered... see how many you can identify.






I reckon this one was the most creative... (no, it's not Donald Trump).


We also did the rounds of nearby charity shops, where I picked up a 1995 album by Belgian rock band K's Choice. I have a vague memory of this CD coming through the radio station record library back in the day... though for whatever reason, I didn't take it home. Nostalgia made me pick up a copy 28 years later, and it's not half bad...



8 comments:

  1. I like the one of The White Album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignore that.One of the pictures did not come out first time around.It has now appeared.Tbe one with the yellow jacket.Freddie Mercury?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There was a Beatles one, but they looked like the crows had been at them.

      Delete
  3. I like the one of the Wurzels, though not sure why they have their arms in the air - maybe trying to catch that bloody blackbird or calling for another round of cider.

    Whoever did the James scarecrow obviously had no confidence that anyone would get it without a few clues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Village People, Ernie. Policeman not pictured as he was on the other side of the drive.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous. What a brilliant idea. Prince looks a little too much like an Auton for my liking, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that David Bowie is putting up some scaffolding.

      Delete
  5. These are inspired, what a great idea. I think I identified them all, except that I'm not completely sure if number 7 is meant to be Freddie Mercury or Frank Sidebottom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...