Friday 14 April 2023

Product Placement Friday #9: Cadbury's Creme Egg

I know, I should have done this one last Friday. Give me a break. You're lucky I still know what year it is. (1997, right?) Anyway, the Cadbury's Creme Egg... too sweet for me these days, but I was a fan in my younger years. Sam has become rather obsessed with Creme Eggs recently due to a promotional gimmick where if you find one that's half white chocolate and don't eat it, you can win ten billion pounds. Or something. Onto the tunes...

Let's start with a band that played our local venue a couple of weekends back. Sadly I wasn't free, but I'd happily have paid a pound for a ticket...

Ten double-A batteries? (Just a pound!)
Some rubbish CDs? (Just a pound!)
Fifty wooden pegs? (Just a pound!)
Three Cadbury's Creme Eggs? (Just a pound!)
A slotted spoon? (Just a pound!)
A big pack of balloons? (Just a pound!)
A cleaning mitt? (Just a pound!)
A nasal hair removal kit!



From Lancashire to Canada... where I was surprised to learn they also have Creme Eggs...

A&W Root Beer
Cadbury Creme Eggs
I can't get enough
Are my teeth on their last legs? (They are.)


Similarly, they sell them in the US too (made by Hershey's though, so I doubt they taste the same). These guys are from Virginia...

Easter time is here again
And it’s the day we celebrate
The morning that the Easter Bunny rises from the grave
And if he sees his shadow then it’s six more weeks of winter
If he doesn’t see it, everyone gets Cadbury Crème Eggs
And he never sees his shadow, thank the Lord


New Zealand pop sensation Lorde is also a big fan of Creme Eggs. She even rewrote one of her own hits as an ode to the best-selling confectionery item between New Year's Day and Easter...


A few years back, Cadbury's changed Creme Eggs, allegedly making them smaller or nastier to rob us of our childhood. When that kind of thing happens (as it frequently does), only a protest song will do...


I know. I know. All this week's offerings are comedy songs or parodies. And I know that some of you musos feel there's no place for humour in serious pop songs. All I can really offer you in the way of serious music is this. Lou Reed has got the name a bit mixed up... but I'm pretty sure he's singing about Creme Eggs here. No, he definitely is...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...