Saturday 8 April 2023

Saturday Snapshots #287


It's Saturday morning - time to Russell up another ten clues for your to solve. Identify the ten artists below, please, then tell me what connects their songs...


10. Itinerant finding rocks in the meadow.

9. Found confused in the otter's ward.

8. The Western Hemisphere.

7. Writing to themselves, and to the answer.

6. Obsessively eponymous, but outspoken.

5. They take after Dick Loudon.

4. Might reform for the second Bank Holiday in May.

3. Stolen leaf gatherer.

2. How a founding father gets off planet.

1. Denver hung turtle-dove.

If that was as easy as a roll in the hay, then you can check your answers tomorrow morning.


28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. damn that's the only one I can work out

      Delete
  2. 3 Nick Drake not Nick Cave?
    6 Jane's Addiction
    5 Secret Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course - it was Nick Drake I had in my head but it came out wrong! Well done.

      Delete
    2. 5 isn't Secret Affair

      Delete
    3. Argh, schoolgirl error - I just recognised Ian Page.

      Delete
  3. I thought 9 looked like Jo Brand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I have the answer.Now looking to see if any of the pics look like Slade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's jumping out at me too, like Tarzan jumping out of a tree!

      Delete
  5. 1 The Velvet Underground - anagram!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see so many friends of Tarzan gathered in one place

    5 - New Hearts (very clever clue, even by your usual high standards)
    8 - America

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked to see if there was a band called Occidental - there is one called the Occidental Brothers but I don't think they look like these guys.

      Delete
    2. I was obviously misled by the fact that America had a minor hit called Daisy J***

      Delete
    3. 8 - New World (with a bit of help from Mr SDS!)

      Delete
  7. 10 (with a bit of help from Google) - Stonefield Tramp

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 & 6... the clues go to the song titles AND the band names...

    ReplyDelete
  9. 7. The Dear Janes. I have never heard of them before but do have a slow piano ballad version of 'Cockles and Mussels' performed by one of them in my collection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...