Saturday 1 April 2023

Saturday Snapshpots #286

Welcome to Saturday Snapshots.

Get Out!

No, no, wait, only joking... that was just my token reference to today's date and the pointless shenanigans that accompany it. We will have no truck with that nonsense here, this is a serious quiz.

Work out who these people are and what connects their songs. Thank you.


10. Stone, Partridge, Lighthouse.

9. Long in the tooth.

8. Reverend Green hits the Southern Comfort.

7. The camera surely holds the answer.

6. Cowboy King on a windy beach.

5. No Jacket required. So good they named him twice.

4. Fatboy in the leaves of grass.

3. Barry's boa.

2. Selkirk oboe.

1. Nobody but my sweet baby.

Now Get Out!

I mean it this time.

But come back tomorrow for the answers.


27 comments:

  1. 10 is Family
    9 looks like Norman Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9. Norman Wisdom
    7. Erasure
    4. Slim Whitman
    3. Whitesnake
    1. The Who

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let CC or Ernie get no. 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 Ernie's favourite Elkie Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. April Fool! That was actually me who got all the right answers earlier, I just used John's name. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea about the others but based on the clues I think 5 is Phil New York and 6 is Wayne 'Breezy' Shore

      Delete
    2. Who was the king of the cowboys? What gets blown around on a beach?

      Delete
    3. Roy Rogers and plastic

      Delete
    4. Some say Roy, some John Wayne, some say Tom Mix, and Teddy Roosevelt was sometimes called the Cowboy King.

      Whichever it is I'm bagsying Wayne 'Breezy' Shore as my pseudonym for my smooth jazz album. Watch out, Kenny G!

      Delete
    5. Roy is the appropriate choice here...

      Delete
    6. Wayne "Breezy" Shore is more suggestive of a rather sleazy gentleman caller

      Delete
  6. 6 Phil (No Jacket Required) Kenny (that crappy pop song from the 70s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket is a clue to his band...

      Delete
    2. Jim James? (My Morning Jacket)

      Delete
    3. Glad someone is taking this seriously
      Still no 6 to get?

      Delete
  7. 8 and 6. Obviously no Aliens fans in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 is Al Matthews. I'm an Aliens fan, as you probably know.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...