Friday 7 April 2023

Product Placement Friday #10: Dulux

Finding songs that mention Dulux was a bit like watching paint dry. But here's a selection, the first of which raised at least a slight chuckle...

Girl, your hair is like a Dulux paint colour chart,
Yeah, you are the spirit level to my shelf at perfect right-angles.

Flat 29 - D.I.Y. Lovin' (Put up a Shelf)

Slightly more credible rap, but a lot less fun...

Cause I was like new to the game 
When Run DMC said Walk This Way
Then I get to the town with my Dulux paint

Kano - Rock n Rolla

Meanwhile, they also seem to use Dulux down under...

How many more of you wanna join the crew to question my authenticity? 
Bathe in a tin of white Dulux to satisfy you of my legitimacy

Rivermouth - Excellent English

Here's something that's not my thing at all, but does exactly what it says on the tin...

DJ Gilbert - Dulux

Alternative you might prefer some 90s alt-rock from Finland...

Throat - Dulux

Or 11 minutes of this weirdocity...

Continuous Electric Now - Dulux Cinzano Umnan Wittering & Zigo

Finally, here's a lost advertising jingle (extended) from Mr. Sammes and his mates... 

The Mike Sammes Singers - Dulux Super 3

However, going by the maxim that I only need one good tune to make a post viable (although it's equally as out there as some of the tunes above), let zip back to 1980 for a taste of Alternative TV. The song is titled Graves of Deluxe Green, but clearly that's not what Mark Perry is singing. Perhaps he just wanted to avoid a lawsuit...



2 comments:

  1. After Flat29 it's got be downhill, I've been laughing out loud
    "I said why you over there doing DIY? You should be over here doing
    Me IY" will surely be the best lyric I hear all day. I see the album is £7.99 at bandcamp..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever my half comes back from the supermarket with something from their Deluxe range, he always pronounces it as though it's paint he's bought - yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...