Sunday 31 December 2023

Snapshots #325: A Top Ten Songs About Famous Composers


War, war is stupid, and people are stupid... but not you guys! You always solve the Snapshots. It's a miracle!

This week, ten songs about famous composers...


10. By the time I get there, she'll be rising.



The opening line of By The Time I Get To Phoenix.


9. One day, they will fly.


Sparks will fly, when they grow up.


8. Kiss me, behind the Mulberry.


Kiss me, Kate, behind the Mulberry Bush.


7. Clichéd utterances from Scottish Spector. 


Och aye... does anyone in Scotland actually say that? Maybe when they're talking to Phil Spector?


6. Grander than a garden shed.


No, I've never heard of Gazebo either, but apparently this was a 1983 Number One in 7 European countries. In the UK, we were too busy listening to Karma Chameleon.


5. 1% of a million fruitcakes.



4. Just like Frank and Betty.


Frank Black and Black Betty, that is.


3. Random menus in disarray. 


"Random menus" was an anagram.


2. Usually found in an offal competition.


Usually found in an offal competition.

Is this the only UK Number One song ever to be sung almost entirely in German?


1. Throw away your black and blues.


Chuck out your blackberries and blueberries... and tell Tachaikovsky the news!

Chuck Berry - Roll Over, Beethoven


Compose yourselves. Snapshots will be back next Saturday.


8 comments:

  1. It could be the end of 2024 and I still wouldn't have gotten Gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have been sitting under a gazebo and I still wouldn’t have got Gazebo!

    Thanks as ever for some brilliantly inspired music, musings, mental health notes and mind-bendingly tough Saturday Snapshots. Wishing you and your family a very happy New Year, Rol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I hadn't heard of him either. And from the photo, I thought it was Rob Lowe.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for all the great posts this year - and for giving me the best reason to set the alarm every Saturday morning! Here's wishing you a very happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving being able to play Snapshots again and amazed how I feel like my old self again. Thanks as ever for putting this together every week for our delectation. As C said, the best reason to set the alarm and get up every Saturday morning.

    Happy Hogmanay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo of Sparks is a shocker. Hard to imagine them ever wearing button downs like that. Happy New Year, Rol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...