Thursday 10 October 2024

Listening Post #7: Fear of Death


Introspective singer-songwriter and part-time stand up comic, Tim Heidecker, has a new record out soon. I'm hoping it'll be as good as his last two... and judging from the track below, that's a no-brainer...


His 2020 album Fear of Death has been on heavy rotation in my car for the past few months, and shows little sign of outstaying its welcome. Here are a couple of my favourite lyrics...

I live in fear of everyone
I hope you understand
Don't count on us becoming friends

I think I'm done growing
I think I'm done growing
I think I'm done growing

I don't want to leave the house again
No more partying
I learned all I am gonna learn

I think I'm done growing
I think I'm done growing
I think I'm done growing

The fear of death is keeping me alive


I don't want money
Don't want fame
Don't want to be a household name
Oh, who am I kidding?
Sure I do
But I don't want any of it
Without you

I love my stuff
And I need my things
And all the comforts that they bring
But I feel
Oh, I don't want any of it
Without you

I couldn't live without you
Standing beside me
Couldn't take another breath
It might sound like comical hyperbole
But we're looking at imminent death


This is the music that speaks to me these days. Make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...