Monday 21 October 2024

Snapshots Spillover: More Songs To Help You Get Through The Working Week


Welcome to the working week!

Here are some more songs about struggling through 'til payday... starting with the obvious one, clocking in at less than 90 seconds... Album #1, Side #1, Track #1...


And then, of course, there's the one that I hinted at on Saturday... but which would have been just two damned obvious...


And speaking of obvious...


What else can I offer you?


Well, there's no need to swear. We're not going bowling.

Well, I get up at seven, yeah
And I'll go to work at nine
I got no time for livin'
Yes, I'm workin' all the time


Early in the morning, factory whistle blows
Man rises from bed and puts on his clothes
Man takes his lunch, walks out in the morning light
It's the work, the working, just the working life


But I keep my nose on the grindstone, I work hard every day
Get tired on the weekend, after I draw my pay
But I'll go back workin', come Monday morning I'm right back with the crew
I'll drink a little beer that evening
Sing a little bit of these working man blues


Now we're talking, Merle! Let's focus on the pay packet...



Or, at the very least, clocking off time. 

Hello, darlin' - I'm home again
Covered in shit and aches and pains
Too knackered to think, so give me time to come round
Just gimme the living room beat to the TV sound


On the bright side though, Paul, it's always five o'clock somewhere...



2 comments:

  1. A fine set of songs from a bunch of folks most of whom have never done 9 to 5 job in their life.

    Here's another one: https://youtu.be/dGJrs7CYYHk?si=YJ4QeoTavnHR2oHz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely an appropriate tune. Commuting songs... hmmm?

      I figure most of these people became musicians exactly to avoid having to get a proper job.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...