Thursday 5 March 2020

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #46: I Keep Forgetting


This isn't a post about how my short term memory is shot now that I'm approaching 50. I was going to write that post, but I forgot.

Instead, a little story from work...

A new kid joined my class last week called Michael McDonald.

I told my colleagues that I keep forgetting his name.

Nobody got it.

Not one person.

My humour is wasted on people under 40.

I posted this on facebook and the few people who got it replied...


When the bell rings you can shout "Sweet freedom".

Or when he gets a question wrong it is all What A Fool Believes. 

That's why you gotta try. No looking back on your own.

Desperately trying to think of a Yah Mo Be There pun.

Your humour is wasted on hits that didn't make it under 40❗

Feel free to have a go yourself, but I reckon that's pretty much scraped the barrel...




5 comments:

  1. Anything by Michael McDonald is fine by me.

    It would've been better if you'd been "Playin' by the Rules",
    But instead you're down on the "Losin' End".
    Next time maybe try "Takin' It to the Streets"
    And remember that there's "No Lookin' Back"

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fairness to your colleagues, I would not have got that Michael MacDonald reference either

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great song. And, to my mind, here's an even better version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He might keep forgetting but at least he isn't On His Own.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...