Sunday 15 March 2020

Saturday Snapshots #127 - The Answers


Still 'ere?

(Get it? Still... Oh, please yourself.)

Here are this week's answers...


10. Carla Thomas = The Mighty Wah.


Carla Thomas sang Baby. The Mighty Wah! sang Come Back.

What's that inbetween?

The Equals - Baby Come Back

9. Ditto, like one member of an Ohio band.


Ditto... because the song title is the same.

The Ohio Band was The Ohio Players.

Player - Baby Come Back

8. Young Jack Kerouac expresses surprise at Go-Betweens album.


Gosh! The Go-Betweens album was Talulah.

Jack Kerouac was a beatnik.

Talulah Gosh - Beatnik Boy

7. Laugh and wake because it's no longer day.


Josh (laugh) and Rouse (wake).

Josh Rouse - It's The Nighttime

6. Pretty dixie single-hander.


Dixieland is The South.

A single-handler is a boat you sail on your own.

The Beautiful South - I'll Sail This Ship Alone

I don't care what you think of The Beautiful South - that is a beautiful tune.

5. At the start of the year, Pearl got a new partner in a swell town.


January is at the start of the year.

Pearl's original partner was Dean.

Swell is surf.

Jan & Dean - Surf City

4. Plane ticket, date unspecified, and cry forward.


"And cry forward" was an anagram.

Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away

3. Lodestone influences patriarchal bronco contest.




A Lodestone influences Magnetic Fields.

Patriarchal = Papa. Bronco = Rodeo.

The Magnetic Fields - Papa Was A Rodeo

2. Replacement, comes on knocking.


A replacement is a substitute.

Knock knock. Who's there?

The Who - Substitute

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth.

1. Forever tomorrow, minor 5th.


Morris Minor + E (the 5th letter).

How I dearly wish I was not here...



There's Something About More Saturday Snapshots... next week.


3 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Player before so I gave "Baby Come Back" a spin on UTube and wasn't much impressed. Of course this doesn't affect my feelings for your latest wunnerful quiz. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect you to be a fan. MOR soft rock slush, but it stuck in my memory from being a kid.

      Delete
  2. The Josh Rouse track sounds very 2000s and lo and behold it's from 2005. Good tune.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...