Sunday 1 March 2020

Saturday Snapshots #125 - The Answers


Yesterday, I forgot to set the time stamp on the post, hence its late arrival. It also proved the most difficult set of Snapshots to date, so sorry about that. But they can't all be easy!

Anyway, here's this week's answers to give you a real Buzz...



10. Can the third sequel ever be the best? Uncanny!


Classics IV - Spooky

What do you mean you don't remember Classics IV?

9. Loin zip, you dig?


"Loin zip" is an anagram.

To dig, you can use a JCB.

Nizlopi - JCB Song

8. Sounds like Mrs. McC moved in with a Trotter. Also sounds like a Minder.


Mrs. McCartney was Linda.

The Trotter would be Del Boy.

If they moved in together, maybe they could have one of those really naff house names which is half the husband's name and half the wife's.

The Minder would be Waterman. (Any excuse to link to that video.)

Linda Lyndell - What A Man

7. Set fire to your nemesis.


Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

I couldn't think of any extra clues for that one.

6. She keeps my toothbrush in her apartment and she never complains about being lonely. #2.


Obscure lyrics ahoy!

Lydia "keeps my toothbrush in her apartment and she never complains" is the opening line of Lydia by Dean Friedman. Shut up, it's my quiz.

If she were lonely, she might be loveless.

#2 this week is... hang, on we'll get to that in a second.

Lydia Loveless - Steve Earle

5. M'okay. At the moment. Bowl of roses.


The most famous thing I could find about Pasadena was that it is the home of the Rose Bowl Stadium.

The Pasadenas - I'm Doing Fine Now

Great Four Tops homage.

4. Climb every goddam lady.


Climb Every Mountain.

I've not seen The Sound of Music since I was a kid, but in my memory, Julie Andrews sings this. Not so. Watching the scene again now, it's filmed in a really disturbing way that almost reminds me of The Exorcist.

The Goddam Lady would be Mississippi Goddam.

Mountain - Mississippi Queen

I was very impressed that Charity Chic got this. I'd never have pegged him for a Mountain fan.

3. Bryan lied about the year, all the young ones protested.


The year Bryan sang about was The Summer of '69, yet as has been previously discussed here, he would only have been ten years old then, so probably not old enough to form his first band. Certainly not old enough to be in a band where one of the other members quits to get married. Not really old enough to spend his evenings down at the drive-in either, for that matter. Although, as has also been previously discussed here, Bryan claims the '69 in the title doesn't refer to a year at all, but some other arcane practice of which I know not. Anyway, The Summer of '69 is a sham.

No wonder the kids were up in arms.

Sham '69 - If The Kids Are United

2. Like a duke, on a highway of vipers.


An earl is kind of like a duke... at least, the Duke of Earl was.

A highway of vipers would be... look, do I have to do all the work here?

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road

Remember when Steve Earle used to look like a redneck Axl Rose?

1. I tell him no, JC... French prisoner released.


"I tell him no, JC" was the best anagram I could come up with.



Giant steps are what you take while you're waiting for the return of Saturday Snapshots.

I'll try to make them a bit easier next week.



4 comments:

  1. Mountain - George featured them in the Mississipi post in his State of the Union series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni Mitchell - damn!
    I was thinking of Mitchell as a first name. Closest I could get was Mitch Ryder of Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels fame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve Earle looking like a cross between Bernard Butler and Justine Frischmann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fine selection of discoveries

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...