Thursday 19 March 2020

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #48


Those of you who have been counting will have noticed that there was no Mid-Life Crisis Songs #47. I skipped straight to 48, because that's what I am today.

Happy birthday to me.

The only lyric in my head right now, as I contemplate an indefinite stretch of self-isolation, working from home, and enormous uncertainty about all our futures... is the one framed above.

Be well.

And remember:

Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong
Are here to make everything right that's wrong
Holland and Holland and Lamont Dozier too
Are here to make it all okay with you



8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Rol. Let's pray for better days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Rol. Have an AbFab day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the by - great choice for Mid-Life Crisis Songs #48. I saw the Bard of Barking perform it at Aberdeen's Capitol more than 30 years ago and it still gets to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rol, yes Birthday Wishes being sent your way. It means of course that tomorrow must be the Spring Equinox as it generally falls the following day. Lets hope for better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can make this a happy birthday Rol in spite of events. It'll certainly be one to remember...! Stay well and here's to much better ones in future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Rol - keep scribbling.

    And I only found this out t'other week:
    The Levi Stubbs Single / EP had "Walk Away Renee" on it - another Motown reference.
    The acoustic guitar on that track is played by Johnny Marr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billy's version of Walk Awa Renee is one of my all time favourites.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...