Sunday 15 August 2021

Snapshots #202: A Top Ten Thinking Songs


How Can I Be Sure you got all the answers right yesterday? You might just be a Daydreamer. Still, I Woke Up In Love This Morning, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...


10. Together!

"Together!" is the memorable hook repeatedly sung in Go West by The Village People... or The Pet Shop Boys.

Go West - King of Wishful Thinking

9. Little children should learn to replace the Y with IE.

Babys should be spelled with an ie.

In case you're saying "Whoooooo!?", this is the band that John 'Missing You' Waite started out in. Although they were a British band, they only had hits in the US and Australia.

The Babys - Every Time I Think Of You

8. Mirror in the Leicester Square bathroom.

Mirror In The Bathroom was sung by The Beat.

Leicester Square is in the centre of London.

Londonbeat - I've Been Thinking About You

Here's another one for the "Well, I never knew that" folder... the lead singer of Londonbeat was Jimmy Helms, who had a 70s hit with Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse and also sang jingles for the radio company I used to work for. 

7. Sweet smelling weasels.

Jasmine is a sweet smelling flower, minks are slightly less fragrant weasels.

The Jasmine Minks - Think!

6. Ivy Manager.

Anagram!

Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking 'Bout My Baby

5. How old are your clothes?

What's your garb age?

Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid

4. Green pastures.

The Colourfield - Thinking Of You

One of the best songs of the 80s?

3. Welsh pink hippo.

In Rainbow, George was a pink hippo. Jones is the most common Welsh surname.

George Jones - She Thinks I Still Care

2. Nathan, Ralf, Keir.

Anagram! (Apologies to those of you who tried to find a linking surname.)

Aretha Franklin - Think

1. Related to Alan.

If only Alan Partridge had been in The Partridge Family...



1 comment:

  1. My knowledge of Zippy, Bungle and Co got me one correct answer this week - yeaaah me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...