Friday 13 August 2021

Neverending Top Ten #4.1: Where did you get that lotion?


Ending the week without a moan, something that might even put a smile on your face.

I recently introduced Sam to the disco classic Rock The Boat by The Hues Corporation on one of our neverending selection of in-car compilations (now up to to Sam #112, if you're counting).

Now whenever he hears the song, he sings along...

"So I'd like to know where
You got the lotion!
Said, I'd like to know where
You got the lotion..."

I have told him the lyric is "notion", and even explained what a notion is, but it doesn't change the mondegreen for him. I'm coming to prefer his version, particularly as I can't help but picture Buffalo Bill from Silence Of The Lambs whenever I hear it...



2 comments:

  1. You can have great fun with misheard lyrics. Now you've got me thinking about Buffalo Bill's words too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll never hear it any other way now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...