Tuesday 24 August 2021

Positive Songs For Negative Times #56: Triage


I'm back to work this week and after only two days, my energy and motivation levels have returned to less than zero. Still, the countdown to my escape has begun. Only 9 1/2 weeks to go. Sadly, I won't have Kim Basinger to help me through those...

I will have Rodney Crowell though, whose new album Triage is a very interesting concoction. I'd recommend this one, for all those of you feeling a little creaky this morning...

If I'd known what I know a long time ago
I might have made of my life something more
But then who's to say there was some other way
To open and close every door


Or this, a haunting spoken word piece with some very striking imagery...


Or this, on the state of the world today. (And I like how his backing band are all still wearing their masks.)

Am I ready for times such as these? 
Emphatically, no
Though I did see it coming, a long time ago



1 comment:

  1. You can do it Rol - Just keep thinking of Kim with her blue eyeliner.

    An interesting concoction as you say by someone I hadn't heard of before. I can see why you've been drawn to his album. He seems to sing about all the things you write about around here (and that we all agree with).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...