Monday 7 February 2022

2021 Latecomers: The Greatest Song Ever Written


As far as I'm concerned, Mark Germino has already penned one of the greatest songs ever written - the savage indictment of the radio industry that is Rex Bob Lowenstein, a go-to track for me in my own radio days as the autonomy of the DJ was slowly chipped away...


Now, I've not checked in on Mark for a while, but the other day I figured I'd see what he'd been up to, and was rather pleased to discover his latest record, his first in 15 years, was well worth my attention. 

Midnight Carnival contains some classic, grizzled storytelling Americana... and it also contains The Greatest Song Ever Written. Now if you're going to write a song with that title, you better have your tongue firmly in your cheek... and Mark pulls that one off with aplomb.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...