Monday 21 February 2022

My Top Ten Opening Lines Volume 3


I manage one of these Top Tens about every three years (although this one is slightly late). I collect them as I go along and when I've got enough for a Top Ten, I unleash them on the world.

Volume 1 (2015)

Volume 2 (2018)

In previous volumes, folks have entertained themselves by seeing how many they can get from the lines alone before clicking on the links to see if they're right. That might be a little harder this time...


Pretty big clue above. I wonder if he looks back on the irony of writing that line when he was so young...


Clearly that relationship is doomed.


He certainly helped me make my way through it.


He always was a wrong 'un.


Ditto the above.


Bit obscure that one, but still a great opening line.


Don't do it!


Ditto the above.


If I were ever to phone my brother up, I reckon I'd end up breaking crockery afterwards too.


6 comments:

  1. An alternative to Saturday Snapshots?
    I know what 3 of the songs were from the words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you suggesting I stop Saturday Snapshots?

      Considering how long it's taken me to come up with 3 of these posts, I hardly think this is a viable alternative.

      Delete
  2. I got 4, but am hugely impressed with number 9. Must investigate more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew five off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five as well. Four of the other five I don’t think I had ever heard before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...