Monday 28 February 2022

Nicky


One of the best compilation CDs I ever bought was the one pictured above: a fantastic collection of punk and new wave hits, not a bad track among them.

One of the most recent CDs I bought was a lucky charity shop find, titled Sounds of the Suburbs, it's a compilation of the Members' finest moments, proving they were more than just one hit wonders.

Over the weekend, I was sad to read of the death of lead Member, Nicky Tesco. It seemed an appropriate time to listen to this one more time...

RIP, Nicky.
 


4 comments:

  1. Sad to hear that Nicky has passed away. Sound of the Suburbs and the rest of this sampler brings me back to a time when everything was new and fantastic. Every week another great song was released. This year was probably the best in music history. Thanks for bringing them back to my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are no doubt discovering, there is more to The Members that that one song. But what a legacy that song is.
    (And that compilation is none too shabby either)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prior to the blogging era I had never heard of this comp because it was only sold in the UK and, inexplicably, Yugoslavia. I can tell this record was a very important moment in the musical education of you Brits of a certain age (posts pop up in our circle every couple of years), and all I can say is I wish I had been a part of it because every song was a keeper then and still is today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A marvellous compilation, as indeed was the subsequent 'The Sound Of The City'. Very sad to hear about Nicky Tesco. As Rigid Digit so rightly points out, there is far more to Nicky and The Members than that one song, but what a legacy that song is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...