Friday 4 February 2022

Not That One Friday #1: Nebraska


It's been a long week and I'm feeling pretty knackered, to be honest. The new job is still good, everything is ticking along fine, but I still feel like a hamster on a treadmill sometimes. Like I'm always doing something, you know? I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, as various people have sung over the years.

In the meantime, here's a new series, one I've been toying with for a while, and I'm only kicking it off today because I didn't want to go two whole days without a post. The premise is pretty simple: take a famous song title, then find another equally good (or even better?) tune with the same title.

My opening shot is a bit of a cheat, since the song in question is all about driving around and listening to the song it's named after. If that makes sense.

Allow me to clarify. This is the original, better known song...
 

This is the song that pays tribute to it... by Andrew and Peter Cash. No relation to Johnny.


If I can think of another one, we'll do this again next week. Otherwise, this'll be another of those series I start and never get past the first entry...

3 comments:

  1. Excellent idea for a series. My favourite "not that one" is You Do Something To Me (https://newamusements.blogspot.com/2021/08/paul-magpie.html)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel wistful about my American Odyssey series - One day I'll return to it.

    I wrote about Van's Days Like This last time - Loads of songs with that same title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good song from a good album by a good band

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...