Sunday 23 October 2022

Snapshots #263: A Top Ten Why? Songs



Sufferin' succotash! It's time for some answers.

Why?

Why not?

10. Cleo’s partner does it in a more contemporary way.


Cleopatra's partner was Anthony... newly!

Anthony Newley - Why?

9. Soggy shortbread.

Limp Bizkit - Why?

8. Humble, hand-wringing clerk.

See David Copperfield.

Uriah Heep - Why?

7. Join Astaire in disarray.

"Join Astaire" is an anagram.

Joe Satriani - Why?

6. The sun’ll come out for a good man and a working bull.

"The sun'll come out tomorrow" is what Annie believes. Len Goodman + Ox.

Annie Lennox - Why?

5. Able to fly now that all appendages are complete again.

Stitched Back Foot Airman, obviously.

No, really, it is.

Stitched Back Foot Airman - Why?

4. Phantom of the Opera gets frisky.

Michael Crawford played The Phantom of the Opera.

Randy Crawford - Why?

3. Ganymede, perhaps?

The Big Moon - Why?

2. Cyril moans just like a slimy acorn.

Two anagrams for the price of one!

Carly Simon – Why?

1. The bridge in Sweden that hosts winter sports and rhythm.

"The bridge" in Swedish is Bron + Ski + Beats.

Bronski Beat – Why?


Why don't you come back for more Snapshots next Saturday?

5 comments:

  1. I do like the feature, of course, but yet again I see the answers and there are some acts I have never heard of (3 and 5), some whose music I am totally unfamiliar with (10, 9, 8 and 7) and the others are names I recognise but know maybe three of their tunes, or 2 or 1..and when the answer is revealed this week I know only ONE of the songs. Will this stop me joining in next week? Of course not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one said life was supposed to be easy, George...

      Delete
    2. You are not alone George but I keep coming back for more. It always bothers me a bit that I tend to know all the artists from WAY back in the day but absolutely no-one from the 21st century. I think I got to 40 and my brain shut down - too much in there already so no space for anything new.

      Delete
  2. Very good as always, thanks Rol, a welcome distraction from all that other stuff going on. D'you know, I was going to suggest Annie Lennox just from the picture but I couldn't figure out how the clue fitted and started to doubt myself so I kept schtumm. I can understand it now but I should have more faith!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...