Saturday 22 October 2022

Saturday Snapshots #263

This morning, I met the chairman of the 1922 committee, Sir Graham Brady.

We've agreed there will be a Saturday Snapshots quiz to be completed within the next 24 hours. 

Identify the artists below, then work out what connects their songs. Before I'm out of a job.


10. Cleo’s partner does it in a more contemporary way.

9. Soggy shortbread.

8. Humble, hand-wringing clerk.

7. Join Astaire in disarray.

6. The sun’ll come out for a good man and a working bull.

5. Able to fly now that all appendages are complete again.

4. Phantom of the Opera gets frisky.

3. Ganymede, perhaps?

2. Cyril moans just like a slimy acorn.

1. The bridge in Sweden that hosts winter sports and rhythm.

I will remain as Snapshots host until a successor is chosen. Answers tomorrow morning.


27 comments:

  1. 8. Uriah Heep
    10. Bronski Beat

    John Medd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be No. 1 John unless I've got Anthony Newley horribly wrong!

      Delete
  2. And no 2 (well, I recognised the woman)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like George could have cleaned up. If I'm allowed to try for No. 2, I think it's Carly Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know those three. Not a clue about the link, even with some others identified

      Delete
  4. Carly Simon and Bronski Beat both had hits called "Why?" - would that be it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does Ernie keep guessing the link?

      Delete
    2. is it because he's really you?

      Delete
    3. I don't have enough time to lead my own life, let alone anyone else's

      Delete
    4. but there's never been a sighting of you two together! I rest my case

      Delete
    5. If the same person then the links would all be impossibly obscure so that Rol looks like a genius for coming up with them and I look like a genius for working them out

      Delete
    6. What he said.

      It's like we're two mouths speaking the same truth.

      Delete
    7. Also, if Ernie was me, he'd have got #5.

      Delete
    8. No idea on 5 or 6. Would never have got 3 either.

      Delete
    9. George knows #6. He's just not telling anyone.

      Delete
    10. is it Annie Lennox

      Delete
  5. There is a one-word song title common to the ones guessed so far. Might be the link or it might not, so I'll not jump in yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I was right, and Ernie got there first. Well done.

      Delete
  6. 9 as you probably all know is Limp Bizkit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not scary looking in that pic at all...

      Delete
    2. The only scary thing about them is that Fred Durst has started dressing like Jimmy Saville.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...