Saturday 12 November 2022

Saturday Snapshots #266


Someone should tell Gerard Butler it's not the size of your camera that counts, it's what you do with it. I use mine to collect ten photos of popular tunesmiths that have thematically linked songs. That's got to bring more joy to the world than running around like a Poundland Bruce Willis. Well, that's what I keep telling myself, anyway...   

Who are these people and what connects their songs?

10. Fired by Jessi and Waylon.

9. Andy rocks gently with a fruity farewell.

8. One third of a church pulpit for sale.

7. Big cat goes missing.

6. Nitrogen discovered in northern capital.

5. Was Jung A Cook on holidays?

4. Found in between Dury Lane and James Street.

3. She’s a member of the Scooby Gang and Not Your Muse.

2. Another biblical hero steals Jonah’s great fish. 

1. My mate, Twenty.


You want the answers, Gerard?

I'll get them, Butler! Tomorrow morning...


23 comments:

  1. 6 is Ottowan I recognised them before I got the clue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!
    9 Kim Appleby
    4 Ian Brown
    1 Tammy Wynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7. John Mellencamp
    4. Ian Brown

    John Medd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Well, I called it S.P.E.L.L.I.N.G. but I think you got it.

      Delete
  5. Still #8, 5 and 3 up for grabs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes, P.U.L.P! (The photo reminds me of the cover of Wings' album Back to the Egg.)

      Delete
  7. Drat - I got an urgent email in at 8.30am and it took until 9.30am to deal with it. Missed the whole shebang.

    Only 5 left - Carl someone? Carl Douglas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have got Daphne and Celeste too!

      Delete
    2. More like Carla Douglas, Alyson, I think the singer is female

      Delete
    3. Carla Roger (I can't think of too many Cooks except that bloke who used to get a hit a lot doing his investigations)

      Delete
    4. Well, that's half their name...

      Delete
  8. 5 is Carla Thomas, B-A-B-Y! That is either the song title or how I address our excellent host, you decide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Ernie. I'm blushing.

      Well done, everybody.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...