Sunday 16 June 2019

Saturday Snapshots #88 - The Answers


Look, I'm on holiday and I can't think of any Cheryl Cole songs off the top of my head, so you'll have to make up your own puns today. Likewise I have no idea who won this week as I'm writing this on Thursday night. I'm sure whoever got up first did very well indeed. Thank you all for playing... unless nobody did this week, in which case: yah boo sucks.

Brief answers / explanations follow...


10. R.E.M. slows down and shouts like crazy.


REM is Rapid Eye Movement. Slow it down and it becomes SEM... add a shouted bellow.

Michael Sembello - Maniac

9. Pricey parson? No. You've got a long way to go for a Guinness & Champagne.


Alan Price + Alan Parsons... Nah.

Travel miles for a Guinness & Champagne... or a Black Velvet.

Alannah Myles - Black Velvet

8. Kennedy, Lincoln, Obama... and Cream.


They were all Presidents of the United States of America. D'oh.

Peaches & cream.

Presidents of the United States of America - Peaches

7. Flyswatter or scum?


A zapper is a way of killing flies.

Frank Zappa - I'm The Slime

6. Benn, please: umbrella needed!


"Benn, please" was an anagram.

Ann Peebles - I Can't Stand The Rain

5. You can trust him, he's a carthorse... who nobody can remember.


You can trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dray horse.

Dr. Dre - Forgot About Dre

4. Davy and Sonny are off their heads.


Davy & Sonny were Crocketts.

The Crocketts - On Something

3. A constant aide-memoire... no glasses allowed.


I'll be very impressed if anyone got this.

Naked Eyes - There's Always Something There To Remind Me

2. Jarvis's woodchip girl destroys afternoon meal.


Oh Deborah, do you recall?
Your house was very small
With wood chip on the wall
When I came around to call
You didn't notice me at all

Tea is wrecked!

T-Rex - Deborah

1. Informant in painful zipper incident.


Best debut single ever?

Ouch.


See you next Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I thought because you were on holiday that there wouldn't be a quiz this weekend, so I didn't turn up til late. I would have got a few of the anwers so I'm claiming a moral victory. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Can't Stand The Rain is beautiful, thanks for sharing. I'm The Slime is probably the weirdest music I've heard this month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...