Monday 2 May 2022

Cover Me Monday #17: Downer


Old blog series don't ever die...they just hibernate until I have a reason to bring them back.

I don't think American/Armenian heavy metal band System of a Down have ever featured on this blog before, but there's a first time for everything, and I've always been rather enamoured by their "comedy" hit Chop Suey! (Well, it makes me laugh, whether it was intended to or not.)


That may well be TOO DAMNED LOUD for you on a Bank Holiday Monday though... so why not try the Bluegrass version by my old pals The Dead South (who also haven't ever featured here before: a fact I find quite staggering to comprehend). 

Flaming banjos at the ready!


This is taken from The Dead South's latest collection, Easy Listening For Jers, Pt. 2, which also features glorious banjo-pickin' covers of tracks by The Doors, Ween, The Misfits and others. It's getting quite a lot of plays here at Top Ten Towers.


And you thought you were going to have a nice quiet day off.

2 comments:

  1. If you'd have asked me ten minutes ago if I knew any System of a Down songs, my answer would've been a strong no. I'd have been wrong however, as I instantly recognised 'Chop Suey!' I'll take The Dead South's version though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...