Thursday 28 July 2022

Positive Songs For Negative Times #74: A Recipe for Truth and Lasting Happiness

Following Tuesday's post, which suggested that given the current state of the world, it was high time for hypersonic missiles... or as Bruce Cockburn put it (thanks, Lynchie)...

If I had a rocket launcher, I'd make somebody pay

...I figured we needed a little positivity to redress the karmic balance. 

So here is S.E. Rogie with his Recipe for Truth and Lasting Happiness. I'd like to think that whoever wins the Tory leadership race will listen to this and dedicate themselves to its message. But really, what are the chances? We all know politicians are created in a mad scientist's lab without an empathy chip. Still, it's nice to dream.



5 comments:

  1. More for the celebrity jukebox: Edmond o'Brien (who was in a fine film with Joan Fontaine), Gene Tierney (of many film noir) and....Robert Ryan (who must have been in about 100 films)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's safe to say I failed with all three.

      Although you will find Edmond O'Brien here...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecqk6vvujuE

      I have to draw the line somewhere though.

      Delete
    2. Crikey, you certainly are challenging poor Rol here George. How many people under 60 will remember any of these guys.

      Then again, he’s come up trumps so far, so…

      Alyson

      Delete
    3. Speaking as under 60, I don't remember them but I do know who they were and know many of their films

      Delete
  2. I think we must have been typing our comments at exactly the same time!

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...