Thursday 20 September 2018

My Top Ten Songs That Go On And On



Work is swallowing me whole at the moment, so I don't have time to go on and on... instead here's ten tunes that can do the job for me.


10. Ben Lee - On & On

From the album Hey You, Yes You... which I think we can all agree is a great title for an album. This is a pretty cool opening line too...

Without a gun, I'd be defenceless against you...

9. Ocean Colour Scene - On And On

I've no idea why OCS get so much stick from the Muso Police. This is a lovely little tune; a b-side, I think. They deserve more respect.

8. Bowling For Soup - On And On (About You)

Aww, sweet.

If it were up to me
I'd like to buy you flowers everyday
Make everyday a holiday
Carry on and on and on about you and the things you do
The things you do

7. Jack White - On And On And On

What does Jack White do best: play the guitar, or do the production that makes his guitar playing stand out so well?

6. Wilco - On And On And On

One day we'll disappear
Together in a dream
However short or long
Our lives are going to be

5. The Longpigs - On And On

And I wish you would leave me
And I wish you would go
And I wish you didn't need me
And I wish I didn't love you so.

4. Abba - On And On And On

I think this is about as close as Abba ever got to politics...

I was at a party and this fella said to me
"Something bad is happening, I'm sure you do agree
People care for nothing, no respect for human rights
Evil times are coming, we are in for darker,"

I said, "Who are you to talk about impending doom?"
He got kinda wary as he looked around the room
He said, "I'm a minister, a big shot in the state"
I said, "I just can't believe it, boy I think it's great
Brother can you tell me what is right and what is wrong?"
He said, "Keep on rocking baby, 'til the night is gone"

3. The Feelies - On And On

Hey na na na na na na na...

2. Stephen Bishop - On And On

Poor ol'Jimmy
Sits alone in the moonlight
Saw his woman kiss another man
So he takes a ladder
Steals the stars from the sky
Puts on Sinatra and starts to cry...

1. Status Quo - Burning Bridges (On And Off And On Again)

OK, so there's a stray "off" in there, but we'll let that pass for one of the Quo's finest moments. Swing those guitars!


Feel free to go on and on in the comments if you can think of any more...

4 comments:

  1. Jez will be pleased with your number 1 choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew there were so many on and on songs - well I didn't anyway. The Stephen Bishop one immediately came to mind and has now formed a pesky earworm. Last heard of by me in the Guardians of the Galaxy film where Fooled Around and Fell in Love was on Awesome Mix 1.

    Yes, as CC said, Jez would appreciate that the Mighty Quo are up there at No. 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feelies! I have been known to go on and on about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Longpigs track gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...