Thursday 3 December 2020

My Top Twenty of 2020 #20

 


A quick update... so we moved house a week ago and the new house is much nicer than the old one that we only lived in for 14 months, and only for about 6 months before we realised we hated it. I'll explain why another time. For now I have no internet because Sky have screwed up the broadband transfer and it may be another 10 days before I'm back online properly. Right now I'm tethering from my mobile but that's eating data like I eat scones... so I'll keep this brief.

My Top Twenty albums of 2020. 

Although there's actually about 26 of them. I'll explain why later. 

Most of these are not in any particular order, except the Top Five.

For now, it's another year, another two Drive By Truckers albums (this, and The New OK, released a month or so ago). Both of which were fine (if rather pissed-off, mostly with The Donald) records, though you can't help but wonder what might be the result of them holding their breath and saving up the best tracks for one classic album rather than releasing every random doodling that strays from Patterson Hood's pen. Still, this is the world we live in now. Infinite music, infinite choice, no time to really listen to anything in any great details before the next one comes along. 

5 comments:

  1. Agree - enjoyed bits of both in particular The Unraveling.
    Glad your flitting went ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Drive By Truckers and scones. Good to see both of those figuring on your blog. Tastetastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back - Glad the move happened and glad you're pleased with the new house (although I am really curious as to what went wrong with the last house - why I never move, I'm scared I make a mistake that I'll regret).

    No pressure to post anything new until you have your broadband sorted out but good that you've got started on the albums of the year. Will have to give these guys a bit of time as not really au fait with their output. Over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the unpacking and eating for a return to relative settled normality.
    Agree about the time spent listening. Theres so much out there it takes something really special to go in on first listen, and then some discipline to wait for an OK album to reveal it's true greatness.
    I'm just sorting out my top 10 of the year and I'm wondering how many will be at the front of the queue in a couple of years time.
    Moan mon grumpy old git moan moan not like the old days moan moan when all this was just fields

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good to hear you made it. Here's to settling in to your new home quickly and a decent broadband connection asap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...