Friday 17 March 2023

Product Placement Friday #6: Domestos


When I was a kid, the burning bush in the corner of our living room told me that Domestos kills ALL known germs: DEAD.

Nowadays, I'm disappointed to hear that it only kills 99.9% of those pesky germs, which makes me wonder about the mutant 0.1% that has grown resistant to the power of bleach. Presumably that includes the Covid germs, which is why Donald's Trump's plan for us all to guzzle Domestos like Night Nurse never caught on.

Let's keep George happy by starting with Mark E. Smith, lucid as ever...

If you deny that strong pot or ecstasy imbibed you will end up
Eyeball injecting with Domestos or household using chemicals that contain

Chumbawamba, meanwhile, just don't like any of these big brands. Birds Eye. Oxo. Persil. Lifebuoy...

Domestos kills all known truths dead


Butter fan John Lydon, on the other hand, won't have a word said against it...

Domestos is domestic bliss!


However, it's me old pal Jim Bob, along with his old pal Fruitbat, who kills all other contenders dead this week, with two different tracks that reference Domestos on their album 101 Damnations. First there's a full church choir...


And then there's this old Rubbish...

From John O'Groats to Elmer's End
With busted lights and dodgy plates
Scrawled with a ball point pen
R U B B I S H
I'm underage and uninsured
On the High Road to Domestos
Chloraflouracarbon, Lord
Asbestos lead asbestos!



2 comments:

  1. Continuing the Carter theme - Jim Bob in the final lines of The Summer Of No Touching:
    And me? I'm still here waiting outside Tesco
    Self-medicating with my bottle of Domestos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that popped up in the car this morning and I kicked myself for not including it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...