Sunday 19 March 2023

Snapshots #284: A Top Ten Grandparent Songs

It's my birthday today, but now that I've passed the half century, we don't celebrate them anymore.

It's also Mother's Day though, and my mum's a great grandma... as well as a great-grandma. 

Here are ten songs about grandparents...


10. Easy access acorns.

Squirrel Nut Zippers - Good Enough For Grandad

9. Bernau, Dessau, Weimar artists.

Three cities where you would find the Bauhaus school of art.

Bauhaus - Watch That Grandad Go

8. Mr. Pageboy in a muddle.

"Mr. Pageboy" was an anagram.

Moby Grape - Hey Grandma

7. Musical Miles, in the Mile High City.

John Miles made Music.

The Mile High City is Denver.

John Denver - Grandma's Feather Bed

6. Strong odour on the tracks.

There's a grand funk on the railroad.

Grand Funk Railroad - Look At Granny Run Run

5. What Billy keeps waiting for.

Billy is waiting for The Great Leap Forward.

The Great Leap Forward - My Grandfather’s Cluck

4. Mr. Owen / Anderson is finished.

Clive Owen / Anderson is done.

Clive Dunn - Grandad

And no, I couldn't bring myself to include the St. Winifred's School Choir. I do have some standards.

3. Mine king gets a peerage.

King Solomon had some mines. Burke's has a peerage.

Solomon Burke - Be Bop Grandma

2. What's new... and what's shakin'?

What's new, pussyCAT... and Shakin' Stevens =

Cat Stevens - Granny

1. It's Brew Hill!

Anagram!

Bill Withers - Grandma's Hands


More of this nonsense next Saturday.


8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, and best wishes to your sainted mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Rol and also best wishes to your mother. Have a great day both of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's from me, Walter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Rol - not long now until the bus pass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another great Snapshots (and are you sure you're not making 'Squirrel Nut Zippers' up?!)
    A very happy birthday to you too. As long as you keep hanging around with us old folks, you'll be forever young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Rol - I thought I was being smart by looking back to your last year's countdown to check the date, so as to surprise you. No need!

    Despite not celebrating them any more, I doubt if your family will let you get away with that. Enjoy your day with I have no doubt some great presents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MHROTD young man! I thought this week's Saturday Snapshots was particularly tricky.
    Clive Dunn is an enigma. How dare he not look like Corporal Jones?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...