Saturday 25 March 2023

Saturday Snapshots #285


Last weekend, we took Sam to see the movie 65 about a spaceman (Adam Driver, above) who crashlands on earth 65 million years ago and has to fight dinosaurs and avoid getting killed by the meteor that wipes them out. Would I recommend it? Let's just say, it felt like 65 million years of my life I won't be getting back...

Hopefully today's quiz will be more fun. Identify the ten artists below, then work out what connects their songs, please...
 

10. Did you mix up the bait, mum?

9. Oh what a night these guys had.


8. A bar... with a extra R.


7. He's Sly and... the US KLF, almost.


6. Jupiter, Mars, Vulcan, Krypton. 


5. I wager she'll be somewhere near the centre.


4. When a Hammer met a Rebel.


3. Enough to make your but shake.


2. From chairman to binman.


1. Afterwards, we're off to watch Joshua fight.


And guess what: you don't have to wait 65 million years for the answers! They'll be here tomorrow morning...


28 comments:

  1. Two anagrams...
    10 Matumbi
    3 Kate Bush
    but after that I'm stumped

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9. Decemberists

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4. Jan & Dean

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were contemporary - quality of photo and the styles. Amazing I didn’t know until now what they looked like. Alyson

      Delete
  4. Are we looking at a masculine clue this week?

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Man With the Child in His Eyes; Dead Man’s Curve…

      JM

      Delete
  5. 6. Seems too easy but is there a band called The Planets?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 Is it Robbie Fulks? - (Sly & Robbie then anagram clue) - it's a familiar name although I confess I couldn't tell you anything about him

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1, 5 and 8 to go... none of them particularly obscure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent. Now about that link. Tough one this week. We might need an academic to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tough link this week and even tougher now because it kind of also has to link to Pump Up The Volume by MARRS, unless I'm wrong of course.

    I'm going for an Up In The Air link - Cloudbusting, Wind Beneath My Wings, Rainbows etc. Hmm, now that I've typed that it sounds very implausable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Afraid not. Of all of you, George has the best chance this week ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to link them all to Fray Bentos

      Delete
    2. Is it Geometry terms - Volume, Distance, Curve etc

      Sorry if I've stepped on George's toes.

      Delete
    3. Oh well done, Alyson, I'd never have got that.

      Delete
    4. Congratulations Alyson, a moment of genius

      Delete
  11. Alyson, I was never going to get that link

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...